Yay! It is been one month now since I started to learn swimming. I am so happy that in one month I have learned freestyle swimming properly. I can swim one length of the pool at once and I am trying to complete a full lap at once now however that requires more stamina but that day is not that far, soon will be able to complete a whole lap at once. Further, I am learning Back floating and Breaststroke now which seems a bit easy, maybe because I have found my comfort in pool water.
Swimming is a wonderful exercise not just for the body but for the mind as well. Some of the benefits of swimming are:
- It can make your heart work more efficiently by making it stronger.
- It reduces the anxiety and destresses you which helps you sleep peacefully.
- It improves coordination, the balance of your mind and body, and posture.
- Swimming is a great activity for people suffering from asthma too. In fact, various breathing techniques of holding your breath underwater have been known to improve lung capacity in many asthma patients.
- Swimming uses a larger number of muscle groups and it helps to build your strength and endurance, makes you more agile, and tones your muscles, and it is also very helpful in losing weight.
- And so many others including improving flexibility, burning calories, helping in regulating blood sugar, boost mood.